September 21 2020 Update:
Kia ora koutou. Hi everyone,
Some further updates following the prime minister's announcement about going to Level 1 on the 22 September:
Contact tracing is no longer a requirement for entry in Level 1, however we encourage everyone to use the Government's NZ Tracer app to record your visit to our facilities. We will have the QR codes for both easily accessible at our entrances as well as staff to assist if needed.
We will be working towards returning to full services and normal opening hours under Level 1. There may be a phased approach for restarting some services as we continue to focus on keeping everyone safe. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we are hard at work bringing you the City Library services you value.
Palmerston North City Library Service Alert Level 1 Info:
- Central Library, Youth Space, Ashhurst, Awapuni, Roslyn, Te Pātikitiki Libraries are open and have normal hours.
- The Central Library mezzanine and Welcome Lounge will be opening at the same time as the rest of the library.
- Blueprint - The City Library Makerspace will be open slightly modified hours - check here for details
- All return bins are open.
- The Mobile Library Bus will be running.
Conditions of Entry:
Our standard Code of Conduct applies and we encourage people to use good hygiene, keep up their personal contact diary and please stay home if you are unwell. There will be plenty of sanitizer stations around the library and regular cleaning.
What you should know under Level 1:
- There are no overdue or hold fees and no DVD/CD charges.
- Home Service is available.
- Wifi is available at all locations.
- Meeting rooms are available for bookings.
- Library and community programmes will gradually resume. Some programmes have been rescheduled. Please contact us if you have any queries about programmes or event spaces and keep an eye out for promotional material, the website and Facebook for upcoming events.
- Showers remain closed at this stage.
Always available 24/7:
- The City Library’s Digital Library is always open—and we are working to enhance our digital offerings. Check out e-books, e-audiobooks, downloadable magazines, movies and online learning.
- Don't have a Palmerston North City Library membership? We'd love for you to join. You can get instant access to our digital collection with a digital library membership through our Online Membership.
- Children’s Digital Library is a curated list of digital adventures, virtual storytimes, learn to draw with beloved Children's illustrators, experiments, and more.
- Contribute your COVID-19 stories and explore your local history with Manawatū Heritage.
Public Health Information:
It is important to get information from reliable and authoritative sources: