At Palmerston North City Library, we are focused on keeping you, your whānau, our communities and our team safe during these unprecedented times.
All Palmerston North City Library locations, including Mobile Library, Youth Space and Blueprint, are now closed until further notice to help protect our community from COVID-19.
Need Help? Register for assistance:
Palmerston North City Council is working alongside local partners and key agencies to make it easy for you to get support. You can register for assistance online https://pncc.govt.nz/covid19. Once we receive it, we’ll be in touch to let you know the outcome.
If you can’t register or are having trouble, please phone our hotline on 0800 725 678 to reach our contact centre, who will fill out the registration form on your behalf.
Public Health Information:
It is important to get information from reliable and authoritative sources:
Palmerston North City Library Service Info:
All Palmerston North City Library locations are now closed until further notice to help protect our community from COVID-19.
While our Library facilities are closed:
- The City Library’s Digital Library is always open—and we are working to enhance our digital offerings. Check out e-books, e-audiobooks, downloadable magazines, movies and online learning.
- Those who do not currently have a Palmerston North City Library membership can get instant access to our digital collection with a digital library membership through our Online Membership.
- Children’s Digital Library offerings include movies, homework help and virtual storytime through Storybox and Tumblebooks.
- You may be able to access wifi across the city using Inspire Free Wifi.
What else you should know:
- We will waive fines and extend due dates on physical items checked out, this may take time to show on your membership account.
- All City Library book bins and returns slots may be closed. Hold onto your library materials. No current checkouts will come due and no fines will accrue during the closure.
- Current holds in our system will not expire.
- Interlibrary Loans will be unavailable. If you have an Interlibrary Loan checked out please hold onto it.
- Get Well Bags will be unavailable. If you have a Get Well Bag checked out please hold onto it.
- Home Service will be reviewed and we will be in contact with our users and volunteers.
- All programmes and events are cancelled until further notice.
- Wifi will be unavailable at all locations. APNK, our wifi provider through National Library, has worked with the The Response Unit, the National Crisis Management Centre, and MBIE and agreed that the APNK public WiFi will no longer be made available to prevent people from gathering around public spaces during Alert Level Four.