August 14 2020 Update:
At Palmerston North City Library, we are focused on keeping you, your whānau, our communities and our team safe during this time.
We are working through the implications of the move to Level 2. Please see the changes to service below.
We will be reviewing these as more information is made available. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we are hard at work bringing you the City Library services you value.
Prepare for your visit by registering for Contact Tracing on the device you'll bring to the Library.
Palmerston North City Library Service Alert Level 2 Info:
- Central Library is open with modified hours. The Central Library mezzanine and Welcome Lounge will be opening at the same time as the rest of the library.
- Ashhurst, Awapuni, Roslyn, and Te Pātikitiki Libraries are open normal hours.
- Youth Space will be closed Saturday 15 August 2020.
- Blueprint - The City Library Makerspace is closed.
- The Mobile Library Bus is off the road.
- All return bins are open.
- All programmes and activities are cancelled through Sunday 16 August.
Conditions of Entry:
- Contact tracing is a condition of entry. Prepare for your visit by registering for Contact Tracing on the device you'll bring to the Library.
- Our standard Code of Conduct applies and we encourage people to use good hygiene, keep up their personal contact diary and please stay home if you are unwell. There will be plenty of sanitizer stations around the library and regular cleaning.
What else you should know under Level 2:
- There are no overdue or hold fees and no DVD/CD charges.
- Home Service is available.
- Wifi is available at all locations.
- Meeting rooms are not available for bookings.
- Showers are closed.
Always available 24/7:
- The City Library’s Digital Library is always open—and we are working to enhance our digital offerings. Check out e-books, e-audiobooks, downloadable magazines, movies and online learning.
- Don't have a Palmerston North City Library membership? We'd love for you to join. You can get instant access to our digital collection with a digital library membership through our Online Membership.
- Children’s Digital Library is a curated list of digital adventures, virtual storytimes, learn to draw with beloved Children's illustrators, experiments, and more.
- Contribute your COVID-19 stories and explore your local history with Manawatū Heritage.
Public Health Information:
It is important to get information from reliable and authoritative sources: