The Palmerston North Dawn Service commences a 6am at the cenotaph in The Square.
This service follows the military tradition for services and is a service of significance for returned veterans and service people.
- 5:30: Dawn Service Parade to form on Church Street between Grand Hotel and All Saints Church. Any RSA veterans in wheelchairs assemble outside the former Post Office Cnr Main St and The Square, opposite the iSite.
- 6:00: Dawn Service commences
- 6:30: Dawn Service returns to Cosmopolitan Club (Linton St)
- 6:30: Breakfast service opens at Cosmopolitan Club
- 8:00: Breakfast service closes
Registrations are required for laying of wreaths - please go to the website ww1.pncc.govt.nz/anzac or call PNCC on 356 8199 by 5pm 19 April to register. Please also register any group or organisation that wishes to march in the parade.
Note: There is also a Civic Service at 9:15am at the cenotaph.